Ibn Shuhbah stated: ‘He was righteous, scholarly, a worshiper upon the methodology of the Salaf.’
Adh Dhahabee stated: “Al Baghawee was given the alias of Muhyee as Sunnah (reviver of the Sunnah) and Rukn ad Deen (the pillar of the Deen), he was a leader, an Imaam, ‘Allaamah, Zaahid, a person who was content with a little.”
As Suyootee stated: “He has been blessed in the books he authored due to his sincere intentions, he was amongst the Rabaanee scholars, a man of worship, a man who was content with a little.”
Amongst his teachers:
- Al Qaadee Husayn ibn Muhammad al Marwazee
- ‘Abdul Waahid ibn Ahmad ibn Abee Qaasim al Laythee.
- Abul Hassan ‘Alee ibn Yusuf al Juwaynee.
- Abu ‘Alee Hisaan ibn Sa’eed al Munay’ee.
- Abu Bakr Muhammad ibn ‘Abdus Sammad al Marwazee.
Amongst the books he authored:
- At Tahdheeb.
- Ma’aalim at Tanzeel.
- Sharh as Sunnah.
- Masaabeeh as Sunnah.
- Al Anwaar fee Shamaa-il an Nabee al Mukhtaar.
- Al Jam’ bayn as Saheehayn.
- Al Arba’een Hadeethan.
- Majmoo’ah min al Fataawa.
References by this Author
Articles by this Author