He was chosen to be the vice president of the Islaamic University of Madeenah by King Faysal, may Allaah have mercy upon him, in 1393 H.
He became the President of the Islaamic University of Madeenah in 1395 H after its President; the former Mufti, al ‘Allaamah ibn Baaz , may Allaah have mercy upon him, left, and he remained in that postion until 1399 H.
He currently lectures in the Faculty of Sharee’ah in the Islaamic University as well as the Prophetic Masjid of Madeenah.
A complete biography in Arabic can be found here
Amongst his students:
- Al ‘Allaamah Ihsaan Ilaahee Dhaheer.
- Shaykh D. ‘Alee Naasir Faqeehee.
- Shaykh Yusuf ibn ‘Abdur Rahmaan al Barqaawee.
- Shaykh D. Saalih as Suhaymee.
- Shaykh D. Waseeullaah ‘Abbaas.
- Shakykh al Haafidh Thanaa Allaah al Madanee.
- Shaykh D. ‘Aasim ibn Abdullaah al Qaryootee.
- Shaykh D. ‘Abdur Rahmaan ar Rushaydaan.
- Shaykh D. Ibraheem ibn ‘Aamir ar Ruhaylee.
- Shaykh D. Mis’id al Husaynee.
- Shaykh D. ‘Abdur Razaaq al Badr.
Amongst the books he authored:
- 20 Hadeeths from Saheeh al Bukhaaree.
- 20 Hadeeths from Saheeh Muslim.
- From the Mannerisms of the Messenger.
- The Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah.
- The Virtues of Ahlul Bayt.
- The Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah Concerning the Noble Sahaabah.
- The Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah wal athar Concerning the Awaited Mahdee.
- A Rebuttal of ar Raafi’ee wal Bootee.
- Supporting the Sahaabah al Akhyaar.
- Ash Shaykh ‘Abdul ‘Azeez ibn Baaz.
- Ash Shaykh ‘Umar ibn ‘Abdur Rahmaan Falaatah.
- Sincerity and Beneficence.
- The Virtues of Madeenah and the Mannerisms of Visiting and Living There.
- The Explanation of ‘Aqeedat Abu Zayd al Qayrawaanee.
- The Statements of the Balanced Concerning the Companion Mu’aawiyah.
A searchable program consisting of a collection of his books can be downloaded here
Amongst his audio explanations in al Masjid an Nabawee
- Sharh Mukhtasar Alfeeyat as Suyootee
- Sharh al Qayranawiyyah
- Sharh Saheeh al Bukhaaree
- Sharh Saheeh Muslim
- Sharh Sunan an Nasaa-ee
- Sharh Sunan Abu Dawood
- Sharh Sunan at Tirmidhee
- Sharh Sunan ibn Maajah
- Sharh al Arba’een an Nawawiyyah
- Sharh al Lulu wal Marjaan
- Sharh Adaab al Mashee ila as Salaat
The audio explanations of: Sunan Abu Dawood - 373 tapes Sunan at Tirmidhee - 434 tapes Sunan ibn Maajah - 74 tapes Alfiyat as Suyootee - 110 tapes can be downloaded here
References by this Author
Articles by this Author